Tuesday 12 April 2016

Make a picture of your county or shire using gold sticker paper and a free pattern file.

The free shape this week is of a striking black and white triangle pattern which when downloaded will automatically go into your backgrounds folder. In the USA there is a lot of pride about what State you come from and you will often see folk making items using the easily recognisable shape of their State. In the UK, our county lines are not so easy to recognise, but I thought it would be fun to take this idea to use for Aberdeenshire where I live. It is the "sticky out" bit in N.E. Scotland. 

STEPS:
I had an unused frame in dark brown and old gold. I found an outline of my shire on the internet and used the tracing tool on it. I made a square larger than the hole I was going to cut and filled it with the background shape, inverting it so it looked like mountains. I live in a mountainous  region which includes the Cairngorms and Ben Nevis. I printed the pattern on gold sticker paper and cut the square with scissors. As I was printing the name of Aberdeenshire just above the shire shape, I had to put on registration marks. Once printed, I put cream card in my Silhouette and cut out the window shape of Aberdeenshire as well as a small red heart as a focal point. 

It was a super easy project, and went smoothly until I stabbed my left hand with a screwdriver as i put the back in the frame!

I really love how it turned out. If you decide to try this out for your own county or shire, I would love to see it.

Have fun!
Hilary

SUPPLIES:
Silhouette Gold sticker paper

No comments:

Post a Comment