Saturday 6 February 2016

4th February 2016 free design from Silhouette Cameo

I have to say that initially I was not inspired with this week's free file, but once I had injected more colour, changed the words a little and given it a James Bond style bow tie, I have to say my husband  may actually get a Valentine's card this year! I hope you like it!

I turned the black heart upside down and made a small stem to fuse to it, to make the spade symbol. The club symbol was made by fusing three circles and giving it stem as well. The four symbols were aligned, spaced horizontally and then I made a vertical pattern to make the frame. I used one of the Jacquard style backgrounds on the cards and copied that grey for the bottom mat. The next layer was simply the supplied card shape with a few extra words. By tracing the black lips I made red ones. I was going to put a red bow on the card then I suddenly thought about Sean Connery and the card just had to have a bow tie! 

This just goes to show what you can do with a few very simple shapes and a Silhouette Cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment