Tuesday 23 February 2016

Silhouette Cameo Design Team 2016 News!!

I am really delighted to say that the other week, I was one of eight folk picked to be a member of the Silhouette Cameo Design Team UK for 2016. It took me a while to decide if I had the nerve to do it, but I submitted my application, and here I am - nervous as heck, but pleased as Punch!

We have to make and document projects each week, so although it will be a challenge, as my husband said, I make things with my Silhouette Cameo every week anyway! Tonight is just a quick post as I will be away for a few days, but I am really delighted with my first project which involves daisies, and that will be posted at the end of the month.

This week's free file from Silhouette is a flower, and as a friend has a birthday this week, this is the design I came up with. The flower reminded me of a Poinsettia, hence the colour choice, and as one of the backgrounds in the Silhouette Cameo software consists of black and white stripes, that just seemed perfect with it - classy elegance with a touch of pzazz!

By releasing the compound path in the Silhouette software (on the top menu, Object, release compound path) you can alter the individual pieces and choose what colour to make them. I chose white for the background that lies on the layer underneath all the other shapes, and once everything is reconstructed, you have this beautiful, colourful flower. The Silhouette software that comes with the machine is super easy to use, not only for altering bought (or free!) shapes, but also for making shapes of your own. It is the best craft machine I have ever used, and I have been using it almost every day for three years.

After I made the card, it occurred to me that matching gift wrap would be fun, so I printed out the stripes and the floral paper on ordinary printer paper, plus a gift tag.

Check out my fellow Design team members , who will be posting regularly on the Silhouette UK Blog

Welcome to my world, and I hope you will start to follow my Blog and ask lots of questions about using the Silhouette.

5 comments:

  1. So lovely, lucky friend:) I have been watching videos to teach me how to tie a nice bow and a lady said it was for the 'bow impaired', I definately count myself in that camp! Your bow on the other hand is splendid :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadine! My tip for tying bows is, tie it around a small box as this gives you something to pull against. Adjust the sides of the bow. Double sided satin ribbon is my favourite. Once tied around the box, cut the ribbon at the back of the box and wrap around your card mat. It works a treat!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your DT post well done indeed. What a fabulous first project. Love the beautiful flower and the stripped background is very dynamic and a perfect match. love the paper too.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Marie, and for your kind comments. I have so many ideas swimming around my head, it is good to have them realised.

      Delete